I was just laid off from my job and my last day was May 28th. I’ve been working as an employee in different companies for more than 30 years. I have been looking forward to this time off in order to dedicate more of my time and energy to building my life coaching business and to be more involved in a life coach training school program, You University, with my life coach and its founder, Maia Berens, and a team of 3 other life coaches. I am very excited about this.
Instead, I tooke a two week vacation and visited my kids, grandkids and close friends in
Of course, I had little to no time to work at my business.
Why was I doing this? I have just taken 3 weeks time away from something that I claim is extremely important to me. Not that time with family for me isn’t a priority, but I have to ask myself these questions.
- Am I sabotaging myself by creating situations that call my attention elsewhere so I don’t focus on my true desires?
- If I had a job, would I have taken all this time off?
- How serious am I about creating my business?
- How much effort and time am I willing to dedicate to make it a reality? How committed am I to this?
- Am I again putting others’ wants and needs before my own?
The answers can only be found within myself. I can let fear of succeeding or failing sabotage me, or continue to go for what I want.